Thursday, October 13, 2011

Susan Abbott workshop - Vermont

This was our first day painting on location. We were asked to choose a scene that really excited us. We could use only three colors plus white - alizarin crimson, thalo blue and cadmium yellow. I am used to a limited palette but choosing a scene was tough because we were surrounded by beauty on all sides. I did this hill second with the blue sky and enormous puffy white clouds - which we had all week.
This was my first painting. This was the view from the driveway. How about looking at this every morning while you are brushing your teeth! Susan also talked a lot about color. We were asked to push the color and use complements next to one another to get that zing that she has in her work. Both my paintings were small so I was able to do two that morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment