Friday, June 19, 2009

60/60 EVENT

Today I painted at the first annual 60/60 fund raiser for our local museum, The Everson. Sixty local artists create or finish a work in sixty minutes, to be raffled off to guests. I went with a friend and we both decided to bring a work in progress. Not knowing what to expect I can truthfully say it was really fun and exciting. There were artists all around working at the same time on so many different things. Pastels, watercolor, acrylics, sculpture, printmaking, collage, birdhouses and ceramics. We set up at 4:30 and everyone got to work at 5:30 finishing at 6:30. Drinks and and food were served. As we worked, guests could walk around and watch us and drop raffle tickets into our buckets if they were interested in winning our art work. It was fun to talk to people and answer their questions. Everyone was encouraging and friendly.
This is the view looking from where I was standing. My painting is one the left and my friend's is on the right. We were under a big tent that wrapped right around the water in the plaza next to the Everson Museum.
Here is a picture from the opposite side of the water looking back toward the tent we were in.


Tim See ceramic artist.

music

"Grace" by Mark

Here's my finished painting "The Homestead". 16" x 24" acrylics

No comments:

Post a Comment