Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Homestead 16" acrylic x 24"


Today I worked on finishing the Miller's Garden and "The Homestead". The Homestead is based on the neighborhood I grew up in. It was a small rural community on the banks of the Hudson river. There was a huge cornfield that all the houses were built around. Every spring the farmer would spray the field with chicken manure and we wold run for cover. I am interested in the Aboriginal paintings of many artists in Australia. their style of painting with an arial perspective gave me the idea for this panting. Friday I will complete the painting during a fundraiser for our local museum. Sixty artists have been invited to complete a work of art and donate it to the museum to raise money. Guests will be able to buy raffle tickets in hopes of purchasing a favorite piece. I plan to finish adding the rest of the dots to fill in the painting.




No comments:

Post a Comment