Friday, July 17, 2015

Bluebird of Happiness Assemblage 12" x 12"

I just finished teaching a seven week class on collage. This is my assemblage using cardboard, paper, paint, and found objects like glass, stone feathers and metal. The Bluebird is the state bird for New York State, but I have never seen one. That is until now. On the property here at Morningstar, in Fort Mill, SC. we have several bluebird families. You can't imagine my delight when I first spotted one. I really acted quite ridiculous - but I was so excited to see that awesome blue color as the bird flew away.

So I chose the bluebird as the theme for my box. Coming here to Morningstar has fulfilled some deep longings, that I can't really explain, but I know it's God and His loving kindness blessing me. I'll post some student work next, so you can see some of their very cool collages also. this lesson was based on  Joseph Cornell, an artist who made assemblages famous.

assemblage: a work of art made by grouping found or unrelated objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment