Sunday, July 22, 2012

Here's a few more pages from my sketchbook. the one on the right was done while my son and I where thinking about food and how to have a show on.Food Network. When I am scraping the bottom of he barrel and don't know what to cook I go into my magic cupboard (the pantry) and see what is in there that I can use to whip up a meal. Dan got the idea of "Midnight Madness" making munchies from the magic cupboard. I thought that was pretty funny and that's where the sketch came from.

Speaking of sketchbooks, I went to our local art store: The Art Store  yesterday to see a demo presentation of a new line of sketchbooks. The company,  Stillman & Birn is only a year and a half old. Their goal is to be the best line of skechtbooks out there. I am in love with these new books. They come hardbound and spiral bound. The hardbound books can lay COMPLETELY FLAT! All the books take all softs of wet media including spray paint. So I am excited to experiment with mine.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn,
    Thanks so much for blogging about Stillman & Birn. I enjoyed meeting you on Saturday.
    Best regards,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan on spreading the word I am loving the two sketchbooks I bought and can't wait till the new ones come in! It was a very informative and inspiring demo Micheal.

    ReplyDelete