Friday, September 20, 2013

Catching the Waves

 They say you should paint what you know. They say that artists need to travel to find new inspiration. They say... So what do you do when you find yourself in a place that is so different from what you are used to.The light is different. The landscape is different. The plants and animals are different. And the people even seem to look different.
At first when we moved here coming to relax at the end of the day for a few hours at the ocean was a relief from boxes, decisions, the lack of AC. Now it has become a very enjoyable time to talk over the day with my husband, read, or just vegetate. But another thing is happening. I keep looking at the colors, the waves, the seals that pop up to stare back at us, and ,the changing scene wondering, "How do people actually paint this?" Always it is beautiful, but somedays it just takes my breath away. I can tell this will be a challenge. Right now I am happy to soak it all in as I try to figure it all out. I guess that's half the fun of painting... solving the problem in your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment