Monday, September 23, 2013

Doodle print

Last week I was with some friends and I ended up taking my styrofoam plate and using it to doodle on with a ballpoint pen. I have used styrofoam lots of times with the kids at the YMCA Art Camp so I knew it would make a pretty clean print. I was happy with the results. I also spent an hour or so looking at carved stamps on Pinterest.  If you aren't using Pinterest you should check it out to see if you would like it.

Any way I took an old  Blick E-Z Cut Printing Blocks that was partially carved already and cut some smaller shapes. That's the circle, leaf and stem shape you can see next to the E-Z block. It all came together really fast and I can't wait to do more.

Lesson learned:  Don't under estimate  your doodles - put them to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment